Buying and installing a new fireplace can be costly. At Alsip’s we want you to enjoy the fireplace experience rather than dwell on the price tag. To help with the costs of a new fireplace install or upgrade, Manitoba Hydro has introduced the Energy Finance Plan. The Energy Finance plan is a convenient, on-bill financing for upgrades to gas and electrical systems and is available to Manitoba Hydro residential, commercial, farm, and seasonal customers.
Highlights of the plan include:
- Borrow up to $5,000.00 per residence.
- The minimum allowable loan amount is $500.
- The maximum financing term is 5 years.
- The minimum monthly payment is $15.
- Current interest rate is 6.75 per cent.
- No down payment required.
- All work must be performed by a qualified electrician or a licensed contractor who is a participant in the Energy Finance Plan. (Ask us to help you with finding the best in qualified electricians or licensed contractors!)
- Credit approval must be pre-arranged.
- Repayment of the loan is the responsibility of the homeowner and not the tenant.
- The loan becomes due and payable when the house is sold; the loan is not transferable.
- Financing is not eligible for homes under construction, unoccupied homes, or projects in progress or already completed.
If any clarifications are needed for the above information do not hesitate to call us at 204-667-3330 or fill in the contact form below!
Not sure if your project is able to qualify? Here is a list of eligible projects:
- upgrades to electrical service entrance and panel board equipment;
- wiring circuits and associated equipment;
- natural gas piping, venting, ductwork, delivery, permit cost, and taxes;
- central air conditioning systems (must have a minimum SEER of 13.0);
- electric/conventional natural gas water heaters (electric must meet CSA C-191 standard);
- electric and natural gas furnaces/boilers for seasonal, farm, and commercial customers;
- combination heating systems;
- unit heaters (natural convection, forced air, or forced air infrared);
- direct vent natural gas fireplaces (built-in and free-standing);
- security lighting and fixtures (wiring changes must be made as part of other electrical and energy improvement work);
- gas pool heaters;
- permanently installed dehumidifiers (hard-wired);
- permanently installed air purifiers (hard-wired);
- air source heat pumps.
We’ve highlighted the main project that Alsip’s can help you with! We have experienced installers that are certified and guaranteed to provide a satisfying finished result. To receive more information and a copy of the Energy Finance Plan, please fill out the contact form below: